"Surrounded by 150 acres of glorious wooded grounds, abundant in wildlife. . ."
Amidst a glorious landscape of unspoilt wooded glens, fragmented coastline, stunning sea lochs and breathtaking bays, the delightful cottages at Home Farm nestle in the peaceful wooded valley of the River Ruel. The steading and cottages, formerly the home farm to the estate, have been lovingly restored and are very comfortably furnished in contemporary Scottish style.
Their spacious courtyard setting affords each of them a sense of privacy and they all boast access to 150 acres of wooded grounds, abundant in bird and wildlife, with free trout and salmon fishing on the Ruel - the fishing hut provides an ideal picnic spot. One of the most admired views in Scotland, The Kyles of Bute, awaits discovery just 6 miles away, as do the tranquil village of Tighnabruaich’s lovely natural bays, sandy beach, shops, restaurants and 9 hole golf course. Colintraive (9 miles) offers a pub serving good food and there is a summer shop (limited opening hours) adjacent to Home Farm. Beach 5 miles. Shop 13 miles, pub and restaurant 7 miles.
Open-plan living/dining room with wood-burning stove and kitchen area with wooden floor. Double bedroom with 5ft bed and additional pull-out single bed (for +1). Single bedroom. Bathroom with over-bath shower and toilet.
- Wood-burning stove - fuel inc
- Access to freezer
- Parking (for 1 car)
- Ground floor facilities
- Elec, full ‘Econ 7’ NSH (except SXXL, SXXM and SXXN), bed linen and towels inc
- T/cot and h/chair on request
- Satellite TV (basic package)
- Sitting-out area with patio and furniture
- Shared courtyard
- Shared 150-acre grounds and woodland
- Trout fly fishing foc (1st May - 30th Sep) with fishing hut and picnic area
- Shared games room with snooker table, table tennis, table football, tel (honesty box) and wi-fi
- Natural water supply from spring
- Cycle store
- Welcome pack
- No smoking
- NB: Unfenced burn, waterfall and drops in shared grounds