Built in 1885 Cardy Cottage is a grade C listed building located by the beach in the village of Lower Largo on the Firth of Forth. The history of the village is dominated by the real Robinson Crusoe (Alexander Selkirk) and Cardy Cottage was built by one of Selkirk’s descendants. A statue celebrating Selkirk’s birthplace is located a few doors down from the cottage. The Fife Coastal Path passes nearby and guests can enjoy the beaches and rock pools of Largo Bay. St Andrews (10 miles) offers golf, the University and the beach made famous by the film Chariots of Fire. Visit the fishing villages of Anstruther, Pittenweem and Crail. Edinburgh is 1 hour away. Shop, pub, restaurant 500 yards.
Living room with open fire and wooden floor. Kitchen with dining area and wooden floor. Utility. First floor: Double bedroom with TV and sea views. Twin bedroom with sea views. Shower room with toilet and Velux window.
- Open fire - initial fuel inc, thereafter avail locally
- Elec, full gas CH, bed linen and towels inc
- Two Freeview TVs
- iPod dock
- Small courtyard with furniture
- Parking (for 1 car)
- Secure cycle store
- No smoking