Situated in the heart of the small and picturesque medieval border town of Knighton, this pretty half-timbered cottage, built in 1678 retains many original features and has oak beams throughout. The holiday cottage is one of a row, backing onto The Narrows, and there is a sunny sitting out area, adjacent to the private paved parking place at the front. It is within easy walking distance of several pubs, restaurants, a golf course, the Offa’s Dyke Visitor Centre and Footpath. Historic Ludlow, Hay with its antiquarian bookshops, and Presteigne, all of which host cultural festivals during the summer months, are just a short drive away. Shops 50 yards.
Five steps to entrance. Living room with wood-burning stove in inglenook fireplace. Fully fitted kitchen with dining area. Steep stairs to first floor: Spacious double bedroom with oak beamed ceiling and walls. Twin bedroom with view across wooded Shropshire hills. Bathroom with walk-in shower and toilet.
- Wood-burning stove - logs inc
- Elec, full gas CH, bed linen and towels inc
- Freezer (in cellar)
- Tel - incoming calls only
- Shared sitting-out/garden area adjacent to parking area
- Parking (1 car); public car park 100 yds
- Secure cycle storage (cellar, external access)
- No smoking
- Unsuitable for people with mobility problems