With fine, uninterrupted sea views from every room and located in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, this detached, traditional 1895 cottage was originally home to the local blacksmith. It has been furnished with comfort and style. Situated close to Gatehouse of Fleet and within 5 minutes’ drive of sandy beaches. At the edge of UK’s first Dark Sky Park for stargazing and sunsets and central to 7 stanes mountain biking centres. Within easy reach of Kirkcudbright and Castle Douglas and with golf courses, castles, gardens and waterfalls, hill, forest and coastal walks, bird and wildlife-watching, fishing, sailing, horse-riding and tennis. Shop 5 miles.
Living room, wood-burning stove and rugs on tiled floor. Garden/dining room, vaulted ceiling, wood-burning stove and rugs on quarry-tiled floor. Large fitted kitchen with stone tiled floor. Bathroom with over-bath shower and toilet. First floor: Two steps up to double and twin bedrooms.
- Wood-burning stove - initial fuel inc, thereafter avail locally
- Elec, full oil CH, bed linen and towels inc
- Cot and h/chair on request
- Enclosed lawned garden with patio and furniture
- Parking (for 1 car); roadside parking (for 1 car)
- Natural spring water supply from borehole
- No smoking
- NB: Steps in garden